You know change is happening when:
• you’re no longer always thinking you should order something low calorie
• you rarely think about calories anymore
• waiting on physical hunger before you eat is becoming your norm
• you leave food on your plate and you’re not as sad as you used to be
• you no longer stress at the sight of birthday cake at a birthday party
• you get up in the morning and don’t immediately hop on the scales
• you eat past full occasionally and don’t feel guilty about it
• when you do overeat, instead of bingeing because you “blew it” you just don’t eat again until you are genuinely hungry
• you can enjoy some ice cream and think of it as a good gift rather than “fattening”
• you find your days contain more activity than they used to, and you don’t mind that so much. In fact, you might even like it!
• it’s been a long time since you woke up on Monday and started a new diet
• you find half a bag of old M&Ms in a desk drawer that you’d forgotten was there
• you really don’t like to overeat anymore
• if you have a late breakfast and you aren’t hungry at lunch time you can skip it now, without feeling panicky or deprived
• you can eat what you want in front of anybody and not wonder what they’re thinking about your choices
• you don’t feel ashamed to eat at a party and then drive by Arby’s on the way home
Enjoy, acknowledge and celebrate the changes you see in your food-life!
If you aren’t seeing as many as you’d like – please get the support you need.You are not alone.
You can have the health, weight and energy you want! Absolutely.